- be developmentally appropriate and caring
- be concerned with every aspect of each child’s development
- reflect the multicultural nature of our Australian society
- be challenging, interesting and varied, providing lots of choices
- involve parents in its planning, implantation and regular evaluation
The foundation of the Reggio Emilia approach lies in its unique view of the child. In this approach, there is a belief that children have rights and should be given opportunities to develop their potential.
Influenced by this belief, the child is beheld as beautiful, powerful, competent,
creative, curious, and full of potential and ambitious desires.
- Makes choices
- Develop creative abilities
- Problem solve
- Negotiate and cooperate with others
You will find the weekly program for each group displayed in your child’s room. If you would like to know about the goals and plans for your child, your teacher will be only too pleased to discuss it with you.
While establishing routines is important for children to develop independence and self esteem through teachers support. The program acknowledges that all children are unique individuals and need to be nurtured within a flexible environment.
Click here to view our curriculum.